It is hard sometimes to take the time to acknowledge our Twitter followers and spend time getting to know them. I decided to change that a little bit and go beyond the 140 character limit and do a video conference spotlight on whomever became follower number 500th.
Recently, I reached my 500th follower on Twitter. The lucky tweep was Joshua Luedeman aka @BigDadyLueda, a DBA/Business Intelligence Developer from Tallahassee, FL. I asked Joshua to do a recorded video conference via Skype and answer a couple of questions to get to know him better and introduce him to the rest of the community.
It turned out Joshua is a very smart guy from upstate New York who recently moved to Florida with his family. Joshua and I share several things in common:
- Proud father of two girls
- Husband in love with his beautiful wife
- Passionate about SQL Server and Business Intelligence
- Recently moved to Florida
- Recently re-focused his career in Business Intelligence
- Looks up to @SQLChicken (Jorge Segarra) and his SQL University initiative
- Reads SQL Server Books on Line and related blog posts
- Desires to become more active in the SQL Server, Business Intelligence, SQL PASS community by blogging and speaking
It was truly a pleasure and honor to get to know him in more than 140 characters. Here is the recording of our video conference: